Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shocked, Dumbfounded and Speechless

Current location: Boulder, CO

I've been a bit behind on posting, partially because not much was going on. I was going to post an update tonight...but I decided to catch up on the blogs I follow first. One of the first ones I read was Margie's, which was written by their daughter about their unexpected and untimely deaths. I had to read it several times to convince myself that I was really reading the words correctly.

Margie's was one of the first blogs I started following. She was a frequent commenter on my blog. We corresponded a couple of times via private email and although we hadn't met in person, I considered her a friend. We had made tentative plans to meet this winter when she returned to Tumwater, WA, which is not too terribly far from where we will be.

It's moments like these that reinforce our decision to live our life now. None of us know how many more tomorrows we have.

I don't know what else to say...the words are not coming to me right now. Rest in peace, Margie and Bruce.

7 comments:

  1. AMEN...We too are speechless and very saddened and we agree that these moments allow us to believe that we made the best decision for us too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad. What a tragedy. I too, enjoyed reading their blog. Wow ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rod and I are also speechless over this horrific tragedy, may they rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm at a loss for words as well. I've dedicated a post to them today. I'm numb and still cannot believe this. I too had to read the post from Stephanie several times before it really hit home. My heart aches for the family. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are also so very shocked and saddened to hear of this senseless tragedy. Like you, we read her blog each day. She oftentimes posted comments on ours. Margie was always so positive and encouraging and such a good writer.

    This news reminds us to celebrate each day to the fullest. Our hearts and prayers go out to their family and many, many friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just learned of Margie and Bruce a few hours ago and am in shock. I had hoped to meet Margie in person since we are (were) both out here on the Central California Coast. Life is precious. We could be gone in a flash. A Camp Host Housewife

    http://acamphosthousewifesmeanderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each day is a gift. Let's all remember to give thanks for what we have.

    Syl

    ReplyDelete