Thursday, August 26, 2010

Held Hostage

Current Location: Chester, CA

This morning I woke up at 6 am and decided to get up instead of laying there and drifting back to sleep. We're trying to retrain our bodies back to the schedule we had before this summer, when staying in bed until 7 am was considered sleeping in. Nowadays, we're lucky to be awake by 7!
But I digress. I thought I would get up and take my book outside. But when I looked out the window, there was a doe in our front yard having breakfast. (forgive the picture quality...it was still somewhat dark and was taken through a dirty window)

After munching for a bit, she decided to lay down for a siesta. She layed right next to our deck for over an hour. I'm surprised she didn't climb up on the deck and settle down the dog blanket we have out there for Hunter. :)

She must have finally decided that she was hungry again because she started nibbling on Tracy's artwork! There were several branches with moss that must have looked tasty. So much for that sculpture!

Finally, after a couple of hours, I was able to exit. But I didn't really mind. What a great way to start the day. I never tire of observing nature.
Have I mentioned lately that I love this life?!!

11 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to wake up! She's is so beautiful! With her having a little munch and a lay down it sounds like she was having a good start to her day as well. Glad you two enjoyed it together. =)

    May you have many more memorable moments observing nature. This lifestyle IS supreme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was indeed a special way to start the day. I'm glad you were able to get some nice shots of the deer to share with us. We're at a state park and I've seen 8 today. I love them. They are so peaceful.

    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super beginning to your day!! It sounds like that little lady was very much at home outside your rig.

    Glad you captured the moment to share with us. Thanks!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful opportunity to watch nature in that unspoiled atmosphere. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA I love how she just made herself at home. How cool is that. I'm glad you are enjoying life.

    Take care,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool and awesome experience. Isn't Nature GRAND?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a hoot that she ate the sculpture! Worth getting up early for, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool way to start your day. How does Hunter like having deer around? My guess is that he could care less. Tell Traci I've been on a Clive Cussler marathon since I got my Kindle.
    --Rod

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great wake up. Enjoy your days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally awesome!!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete